Middleware and Database Specialist / MWR – DBA
Creditinfo is looking for a seasoned specialist to cover a hybrid hands-on role that combines consultant and administrator responsibilities.
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Based in: Prague
Creditinfo middleware and database specialist is a hybrid hands-on role that combines consultant and administrator responsibilities. The middleware is considered RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch and databases are CouchBase and Microsoft SQL Server. The scope of expertise is client faced same as internal dev and non-prod environments.
The specialist is responsible for defining the design, deployment, and management of the technologies. (S)he enables to implement middleware and database standards and procedures. In cooperation with IT Infrastructure administrators, (s)he monitors system performance, troubleshoots issues, ensures security and overall efficiency of our managed instances that may reach tens of terabytes in size.
(S)he also supports our clients in complex database tasks (server, database migrations etc.), educates internal dev teams, helps them with application development and resolving performance issues and participates in the accommodation of new (NoSQL) database technologies.
- Deployment and management of MS SQL Server instances (OLTP)
- Deployment and management of RabbitMQ instances (messaging)
- Deployment and management of CouchBase instances
- Design, implementation and testing of backup/restore strategies
- Design, implementation and testing of HA/DR solutions
- Server monitoring and performance troubleshooting
- Support of clients and dev teams in complex database task
- 2+ years administration of MS SQL Server 2012 and newer
- Hands-on experience with Always-on availability Groups and MS SQL Server
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Hands-on experience of RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch or Couchbase
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with database development is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English – written and spoken.
What We Can Offer
- A stimulating job in a multinational but medium-sized company that develops cutting edge banking and financial applications for customers worldwide, with occassional travel to exciting destinations (e.g. Oman, Indonesia, Seychelles).
- A competitive salary package, flexible working hours, home office, 25 vacation days, 3 sick days, language courses, training and conferences, multisport card, cafeteria, pension contribution, meal vouchers, free coffee and regular company events.
- A modern, relaxed office in Karlín with a stunning view of Vítkov park and a terrace, located right by the Metro (Křižíkova).
Think We Are The Perfect Match? Get In Touch
Creditinfo provides intelligent information, software, and analytic solutions to manage risk and facilitate access to finance. Specializing in emerging markets around the world, we are the most widespread global partner in the provision of credit bureau data and credit risk analytics within our industry.
Our Prague office has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, underwritten by our company values of Respect, Innovation & No Nonsense.